Excellence of taking longer distance to mosques
242. Ubbay bin Ka´b said: There was a man among the Ansar whose house was situated at the farthest end of Al-Madinah, but he never missed a prayer with the Messenger of Allah salla alayhi wa sallam. I felt pity for him and said to him, ´´O so-and-so! had you bought a donkey, it would have saved you from the burning sand and would have saved you from the insects of the earth.´´ He said, ´´(Listen!) By Allah, I do not like my house to be situated by the house of the Messenger of Allah salla alayhi wa sallam.´´ I felt bad about his words, and I came to the Prophet salla alayhi wa sallam and told him what he said. He called him and he said like that (which he mentioned to Ubauu bin Ka´b) but made a mention of this (also) that he wanted a reward for his steps. Upon this the Prophet salla alayhi wa sallam said to him. ´´You shall have the reward which you except.´´
Kommentarer
Send en kommentar