Taking out from the mosque someone from whom the odor of onion and garlic was sensed

 Ma´dan bin Abu Talhah reported that ´Umar bin Al-Khattab delivered a Friday Khutah in which he mentioned the Prophet salla alayhi wa sallam and Abu Bakr He said: I saw in a dream that a cock packed me thrice, and I perceive that my death is near. Some people have suggested me to appoint mu successor. Allah will not destroy His Deen, His caliphate, and that with which He sent His Prophet salla alayhi wa sallam. If death comes to me soon, the (issue of) caliphate (will be devided) by the consent of these six men with whom the Messenger of Allah salla alayhi wa sallam was well-pleased until his death. I know that some people would blame me that I killed with these very hands of mine persons who apparently professed (ISlam). If they do this (blame me) they are the enemies of Allah, and are infidels, they have gone astray. I do not leave after me anything which to my mind seems more important than Al-Kalalah (those who leave neither descendants nor asendants as heirs). I never argued with the Messenger of Allah salla alayhi wa sallam in a matter like the issue of Kalalah, and nor was he more scolding me that he struck his fingers on my chest and said: ´´O ´Umar are you not satisfied with the last Ayah of Surat An-Nisa?´´ And if I live longer, I would decide this (problem so clearly) that one who reads the Qur´an, or one who does not read it, would be able to make (correct) decisions. He further said: ´´O Allah! I hold You as a Witness against the governors of lands, that I sent them to the peoples of these lands to treat them with justice and to teach them their Deen, and the Sunnah of their Prophet salla alayhi wa sallam, distribute amongst them the spoils of war, and refer to me that which they find difficult to perform.´´

O people, you eat these two plants, onions and garlic, and I find them extremely repugnant, for I saw that when the Messenger of Allah salla alayhi wa sallam smelt the odor of these two from someone in the mosque, he would order to taken to Al-Baqi´, So he who eats it, should kill (its odor) by cooking it well.

Kommentarer