Tashahhud in the prayer
304. Hittan bin ´Abdullah Ar-Raqashi said: I performed a Salat (prayer) with Abu Musa Al-Ash´ari and when he was in the Qa´dah, one of the people said: ´´The prayer and Zakat.´´ He (the narrator) said: When Abu Musa had finished the prayer after Salam (salutation) he faced the people and asked: ´´Who of you said such and such a thing?´´ They were silent. He again said: ´´Who of you said such and such a thing?´´ O Hittan, it is perhaps you said it.´´ He (Hittan) said: ´´NO, I did not say it. I was afraid that you might scold me for it.´´ A man said: ´´I said it, but I intended nothing but good.´´ Abu Musa said: ´´Don´t you know what to recite in your prayers? Verily, the Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa sallam addressed us, and explained to us all its aspects and taught us how to perfom prayer (properly). He taught us how to pray saying: ´´When you pray, make your rows stright, and let one of you lead you as Imam. Recite the Takbir, when he says it you say it; and when he says: ´´Not of those with whom You are angry, nor of those who go astray (Surat Al-Fatihah: 7)´´, say: Amin. Allah will love you. And when he (the Imam) says the Takbir, you say it too; when he bows, you too bow down, because the Imam bows down before you do.´ Then one is equivvalent to the other. And when he says: Sami´ Allahu liman Hamidah (Allah listens to him who praises Him), you should say: Allahumma Rabbana lakal-Hamd (O Allah, our Rubb, to You is the praise), then Allah will listen to you, for Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has stated by the tongue of His Prophet Sallahu alayhi wa sallam that Allah listens to him who praises Him. And when he (the Imam) recites the Takbir and prostrates himself, you should also recite the takbir and prostrate, for the Imam prostrates before you and raises himself before you.´ The Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa sallam said: ´ This one is equivalent to the other. And when he (the Imam) sits for Qa´dah (for Tashahhud), the first words of every one of you should be: At-Tahyat -- The endless life is due to Allah, and may He exalt the mention of the Prophet and render him safe from every derogatory thing, and Allah´s mercy and blessings. And may He grant us and the pious slaves of Allah safety and security. I testify that there is no true God but Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger.´´´
305. Ibn ´Abbas narrated: The Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa sallam used to teach us Tashahhud just as he used to teach us a Surah of the Qur´an, and he would say: ´´At-Tahyat -- The perfect and blessed endless life, and the prayer and the best words of praise all belong to Allah. O Prophet, may you be safe and secure from every evil, and may Allah bless and grant you mercy. May Allah safe and secure from every evil. I testify that there is no true God but Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is the slave and Messenger of Allah.´´ In the narration of Ibn Rumh (the words are): ´´As he would teach us the Qur´an.´´
Kommentarer
Send en kommentar