Cursing Satan and seeking refuge from him

 308. Abu Darda narrated: The Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa sallam stood (to perform prayer) and we heard him saying: ´´I seek refuge with Allah from you,´´ then he said: ´´I curse you by the curse of Allah,´´ (thrice), and stretched his hands as if he was catching something. When he finished the prayer, we said: ´´O Messenger of Allah, we heard you saying something (words) in the prayer which we have not heard you say before, and we saw you stretch your hands.´´ He said: ´´The enemy of Allah, Iblis, came (to me) having a burning brand of fire to keep (it) on my face. So I said: ´I seek refuge with Allah from you´ curse you by the curse of Allah´, but he did not slip back. Then I intended to catch him. By Allah if I have not remembered the supplication of my brother Sulaiman, I would have catch him and tie him so that the boys of Al-Madinah would make fun of him.´´

Kommentarer